Skip to main content

Wednesday, October 17

Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Woke at my usual 4:45AM this morning for coffee and contemplation.

For whatever reason yesterday, I could not get myself out of my bed at 4:45AM, when the alarm went off.  I snoozed until nearly 7:00AM.  I try not to beat myself up when I miss a scheduled practice, but I also want to challenge myself into hitting my mat every weekday, if possible; if my body needed the sleep, I wanted to allow the extra Z's.

This morning, I'm feeling excellent, and ready to warm up.  I'm going to focus on centering and burning this morning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebuild

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 Woke at my usual 4:45AM this morning for coffee and contemplation. Feeling wonderful this morning, and not terribly sore at all.  There's a bit of stiffness in my back from yesterday's backbends, but that's to be expected. Ready to sweat it out on my mat. Tuesday, July 10, 2018 (Part II) I'm writing this off my mat, already showered up for my day. I love going to my mat.  The physical challenge alone is reward enough, but, while I've said it many times before, the mental and spiritual adjustments that one can make are priceless.  Physically, I already see a difference in my body.  Arms are still re-building their stamina, but the twists and forward bends I incorporate are already helping with digestion and elimination and the general "deflating" of my body and G.I. track (TMI, I'm sure, but this is one of the main physical reasons why I practice). Mentally, I feel prepared for anything that comes my way today and fe...

Are Hotdogs Real Beef?- And Other Insightful Yoga Reflections

Thursday, November 5, 2020 (Part I),  The world we live in, which asks you to be obsessed with money, fame, success, and glamour, isn't real.  No, I don't mean that it's all a hologram, or that the things you read in the "news" aren't actually occurring; rather, I mean that the events shown to us through our screens are filtered so many times, through many different "filtering agents", that the end product that comes through our device isn't anymore "real" than a hotdog is beef.   Delicious, satisfying, and easy.....you can't have too many hotdogs before you start to feel ill, and out of balance.  The same is true for "news" and other nonsense that comes to you via a screen.     Enough chit-chat. time to begin today's practice.  Thursday, November 5, 2020 (Part II),  I was trained, and normally practice, a style of yoga called Ashtanga yoga .  This style is regimented, "faster" in its transitions (usually onl...

Weeds Grow Back

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 Anything you cultivate, care for, or grow with intention (like a garden, yoga practice, or a clear and still mind) will have unwanted, elements to it.  The analogy of weeding is a good one as it draws up a physical image of a garden with unwanted characteristics in it that must be pulled out. Our minds, mine included, are the same.  "Weeds" like anger, etc. will pop up.  Left too long, they'll grow stronger and one gets accustomed to seeing them to the point where one just accepts it....." that's just me" is an overly popular phrase that's used today to excuse all sorts of ridiculous, underdeveloped behaviors. Time to begin today's practice, and weed the mental garden.... Part II: As always, I'm writing Part II on my mat after my practice has concluded.  Weeds grow back for sure.  Sometimes, in as little as one day.   Time to enter the world.  Namste