Skip to main content

Monday, April 10, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017
Finished the St. Louis GO! Half-Marathon yesterday morning in a personal record time of 2:14 min.

I'm going to continue the running training that has made my yoga practice/blog-posts a little less frequent, but I'm going to be re-dedicating myself to my mat, focusing on a cleaner diet, and other areas of strength training that have gone by the way-side (when I'm training for a run, I typically turn into a Dyson-self-propelled vacuum and eat anything that's not bolted to the ground and don't have as much variety in my physical fitness regimen other than running).

I have generalized muscle stiffness in my legs, rear, and back.  None of it is too intense and I would compare it to bad, but bearable stiffness that occurs the next day after an intense practice.

I'm probably going to be doing a warm up routine this morning followed by my Vinyasa/Sun Salute series and will probably not go into a full practice.  I'll be moving with a lot of attention paid to my body and will make sure that I don't move too quickly or too aggressively into any pose.

Monday, April 10, 2017 (Part II)
Post-practice, on my mat, having just come out of Savasana.

I will never regret going to my mat, collecting my thoughts, and moving through, just 30 minutes, of a practice.  I'll never regret it, and neither will you.

I was absolutely tightened up from the half-marathon I ran yesterday and my forward bends definitely were regressed.  My legs (lower calves, and ankles) have a lot of "new muscle" from the run yesterday and I need to break that new muscle apart and keep it from calcifying into concrete.

I went through my Vinyasa series and Padangusthasana and Padahastasana (soooooper difficult to get into this morning).  I closed out with Marichyasana C (which felt like Heaven on Earth), and Karnapidasana.

I'll continue to break apart the 'new muscle' that was formed yesterday until I'm back to normal.

Time to shower up and enter the world.

Namaste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebuild

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 Woke at my usual 4:45AM this morning for coffee and contemplation. Feeling wonderful this morning, and not terribly sore at all.  There's a bit of stiffness in my back from yesterday's backbends, but that's to be expected. Ready to sweat it out on my mat. Tuesday, July 10, 2018 (Part II) I'm writing this off my mat, already showered up for my day. I love going to my mat.  The physical challenge alone is reward enough, but, while I've said it many times before, the mental and spiritual adjustments that one can make are priceless.  Physically, I already see a difference in my body.  Arms are still re-building their stamina, but the twists and forward bends I incorporate are already helping with digestion and elimination and the general "deflating" of my body and G.I. track (TMI, I'm sure, but this is one of the main physical reasons why I practice). Mentally, I feel prepared for anything that comes my way today and fe...

Are Hotdogs Real Beef?- And Other Insightful Yoga Reflections

Thursday, November 5, 2020 (Part I),  The world we live in, which asks you to be obsessed with money, fame, success, and glamour, isn't real.  No, I don't mean that it's all a hologram, or that the things you read in the "news" aren't actually occurring; rather, I mean that the events shown to us through our screens are filtered so many times, through many different "filtering agents", that the end product that comes through our device isn't anymore "real" than a hotdog is beef.   Delicious, satisfying, and easy.....you can't have too many hotdogs before you start to feel ill, and out of balance.  The same is true for "news" and other nonsense that comes to you via a screen.     Enough chit-chat. time to begin today's practice.  Thursday, November 5, 2020 (Part II),  I was trained, and normally practice, a style of yoga called Ashtanga yoga .  This style is regimented, "faster" in its transitions (usually onl...

Asana

Monday, March 30, 2020 After no physical practice/Asanas on Friday, and no yoga over the weekend, I notice that it's difficult to stay motivated and dedicated to my practice at times.  Additionally, I ran a solo-10K this weekend (the St. Louis GO! Marathon/Half-Marthon/10K was cancelled, like most public events), and the additional tenderness in my feet, legs, etc. definitely told me not to get on my mat. Monday blues/malaise, essentially.....a "negative mind"... When I'm on my mat, feeling like it's pointless, and that the day ahead is pointless, and that the efforts I'll expend to make things better are pointless, I can go back to the foundations of my life.  First, what do I live for?  I live for God.  That is my attempted mantra every day. It is not for me/you to understand the purpose of anything.  Pulling yourself out of an equation is very liberating in that you're no longer attached to the result. It's 5:27AM as I type this, and it...